Saturday, October 27, 2007

On Second Thought

Maybe not. Maybe I don't want to run this race.
Jessica and I (and two other girls) ran the bulk of the course set for the runtex 10 miler in preparation for the race. It's behind lake austin boulevard and just so pretty. There's something about running in the neighbourhoods of Austin on a cold day. I get nostalgic/pensive/joyful (all of the above). I can't describe it. It involves feeling so glad to be part of something and at the same time so small and wanting to do something worthwhile. To give back to this world that gives me so much to be happy about.

But that really is where the joy ends. It turns out these beautiful areas of Austin are also substantially hilly. The portion of the run that we tried out will be spank in the middle of the race and it's a mixture of rolling and steep hills. I'm a little worried since I really don't do well around hills.

But that being said, I feel a change. It's as if I'm no longer a girl and I'm sprouting into... I kid. Its just that I feel really strong lately, where in the past I would have needed to walk up one of these hills, this time, I ran every single one.

I will run the race. I will run those hills and walk if I have to. Jessica will run them with me and we will show them who is boss.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You're not the boss of me, Pecos! Nor you, Scenic!