Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Out of town long run

Long runs when away from home are always interesting. The last long run I did was in Michigan during Sandeep's cousins wedding, it was supposed to be 6 miles so I mapped my run out and went for it. I realized too late I didn't have any gu on me so I took some jelly beans with a little salt sprinkled on. Disgusting! But it worked and the run went off without a hitch.

This time, I planned for the gel, post run banana and the map of where to run. But this time, I wasn't alone. My brother-in-law needed to be back sooner than me so we tried to stick close to home. I figured, I would run with him, drop him off at home and get the rest of the remainder of the 7 miles on my own. But by the time we were done with the first part, I felt empty. So I stopped. I hate running in those subdivisions. It's all concrete on the roads.

Well it turns out, that may have been the way to go. Gilbert said, running on roads is really not good for you. Good thing I stopped at 4.5 miles even though I still feel so guilty about not getting my entire distance in.

No comments: