Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sometimes you feel like a runner

and sometimes you don't.

Went for my long run Sunday instead of Saturday. It was supposed to be relatively short 7 miles and I was running by myself. I was looking forward to it but at the same time it didn't seem right to take time out to run while I'm struggling to finish this semester.
I still went to the trail.
Well, I got shin splints in the first mile. Not sure what caused this. I also had an odd pounding headache and fuzzy contacts.
This year as with the last, I lost the enjoyment I get from running around this time. I've been thinking about what might be causing this and I think it is the end of the semester stuff that just gets me down. I'm not getting good sleep. My allergies are starting to act up. I'm stressed because of qualifying exams. Essentially, school is interfering with my extracurricular activities.
Update: ran around the neighbourhood and got shin splints again. I think I need more arch support with the Sauconys I'm using.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

yeah, it's just a hard time of year to keep the energy up. we'll try to make our runs de-stressing times rather than add-stressing times. :o)