Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nike women's marathon

I love the idea of sport events directed at women. The whole feel is different at a women's sports event. It also takes some of the intimidation away from someone just getting into a sport who is starting to compete.

Now, here's my problem. I don't want to run for a tiffany necklace. Or chocolate at a water stop. Or a pedicure. It's a friggin' marathon and no amount of telling me it's a party is going to make 4-6 hours on my feet 'fun'.
I happen to know for a fact that love for chocolate, pedicures and branded jewellery don't make or define being a woman.

That being said, even I'm not stupid enough to complain about the firemen that hand said necklaces out to the finishers.

1 comment:

Carol said...

LOL! Firemen are pretty irresistable, that's for sure. So are you thinking of doing it? You'll be in my neck of the woods!!