Friday, May 09, 2008

Those skinny jeans

(Ha! I typed the title as skinny cheese by mistake (lunch time).)

Funny thing about those skinny jeans, they don't always work out the way you would want to.

Four years ago, when I weighed around what I do right now I bought three pairs of khakis from jcrew. When I put on weight (again), these became my 'skinny jeans'. These are the pants I decided to fit back into as a pre-goal on my way to my final goal weight.

I've finally gotten to the point that I can start to wear them again. Funny story though, I don't like them anymore. No, I can't stand them anymore. One of them has no pockets in the back (remember when all the pants had that no back pocket thing going?). The other one is fitted around my thighs but wide-legged around my calves. And I haven't even looked at the third one yet.

So, I think I'm going to get rid of these pants and just find clothes that fit me right now.

Speaking of finding things that fit, let's take a letter:

Re: Vanity sizing

Dear Old Navy,
why change your sizing so that now a medium is now a large? I come into the store and nothing in my old sizes fits anymore (not that it did to begin with but I knew that I needed to try EVERYTHING before I bought it). I know I'm not a size small in anything (thanks boobies!!). To someone trying to lose weight, this is just cruel.

kthxbai,
Me

No comments: