Friday, April 04, 2008

This really shouldn't be this difficult

It's even difficult trying to write about this. I've lost a grand total of four pounds in the past two months of working out on the average 5-6 times a week (two of which were weight training). In the past week (after the in-laws had gone) I regained two of those pounds and it won't budge.

I know, I've gained muscle weight. I know its impossible to gain two pounds in a week and its something else like water. But right now, I'm at a loss. I've cut out splenda and am going to increase my water intake to about 14 cups. Let's see if this helps.

I don't know if I can even drink 14 cups of water. 10-12 is difficult as it is.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Do your clothes fit differently? Do you think you've lost inches even if you don't see a big change on the scale?

Dieting is so difficult for me. I know you are keeping a food diary, so maybe we can go over together to encourage me to eat healthier, too.

Also, I bet your current intake of water is fine, especially if you count all the water you get from food and other beverages.

Do you drink diet drinks, btw?

Carol said...

I've seen the best results (physically) from running three times a week, so maybe now that you're reintroducing running into your workouts in addition to the weight training you'll start losing more. Long runs in particular seem to really make a difference. Also, if you haven't already cut out sodas and processed foods, that can help.