Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Belly Flops

She's in the ladies bathroom at the gym folding her sleeves up while she gets ready to go get her workout. I walk in and get the look. You know the one where she looks me up and down to decide whether I look like I should be there or not. If I look 'fit' enough to look so satisfied about getting my sweat on. Or if I look too big to be so proud of myself. I do a mental check to see what I'm wearing. I'm glad I have my Fila relays shirt on (even though it doesn't say so on the front, only on the back).
Is this why I want to wear my race shirts to the gym? So that I look like I belong? So that the big girl can stay even though her belly seems to move independently of the rest of her body?

Too bad the 3M shirt is full sleeved, I can't wear it during my workout.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wear the 3M shirt to the gym over another shirt. Or better yet, wear a Gazelle shirt like I do.

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

try to keep in mind dear, that those type of girls probably can't even think of running a quarter mile and they probably only work out so they can keep their jobs at Sugar's and Yellow Rose. :)

when the heck are you coming back?