Friday, January 25, 2008

Two days remain

I had my first panic attack two days ago on Wednesday about the half marathon I am told I will be racing on Sunday. I think I need to be really good and blog about what is going on with me.

Wednesday was my last hard workout. 6 X 400s at Austin high. It was cold but almost all the familiar faces showed up. It felt really good to just talk to them and run. Minnie, Barb and I ran without timing ourselves. Alison, Sarah and Jessica ran ahead of us (and I think they did time themselves). I did some core work and PT yesterday but nothing strenuous.
Dinner at changos made my stomach so unhappy even today two days later I can feel it. That being said, you'll have to pry that al pastor taco from my cold dead hands.

Yesterday was bad in the sense that I didn't drink enough water at all. I maxed out at 7 cups if I'm lucky but I need to drinking close to 12.
I hope today will be better.

FYI, masoor (brown lentils) = tons of protein
chana (bengal gram/horse gram) = very little protein.

Today's dilemma: Eat dinner with some asha folks (catered Indian (?) food) or eat dinner at home (Rajma and rice a.k.a red beans and rice).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We are the Panic Princesses. I'm sorry to hear your taco didn't settle well. I'm trying to eat good foods and drink lots of water, too. We need to step back and remember that we are supposed to have fun. "Get off me! I am having fun!" Maybe that can be our mantra during the race. We put in the training and now we just need to run the best we can. I just want to finish and know that I gave it all I had rather than say what I usually say, "I could have gone faster."