Tuesday, August 28, 2007

SoF- part deux

So some really odd and good things have come from this:

I have returned to yoga after close to 7 months off.
My running is so much stronger and happier because I know I can push myself now.
I have learnt that I can workout in a way that is good for me. By that I mean, workout just to work out. No other agenda. With the injuries, I was just glad that I got to even move so I couldn't workout to lose weight or build muscle etc. This is good to know because it means that I can trust myself not to push me to far.
Its been kind of fun to see how different the two sides of my body are. Especially during yoga, my left hip is so unsure where my right can do things effortlessly. I think its also going to be a good day when both hips can do the same things.
And lastly, it turns out I have a stronger core than I thought I did, my PT didn't need me to do the core exercises that most people in my situation would need to do. Yeah! that one month of ab-lab really helped, eh?

No comments: